PREVENTION AND PROHIBITION OF RAGGING IN THE B.M.S.EDUCATIONAL TRUST HOSTELS
Ragging of students admitted to B M S Educational Trust Hostel is totally prohibited and banned both in the Campus and Hostels (including IH). Any violation of this by the Students/Hostelites will be viewed very seriously and punished as per the regulations prevailing in the State and the Central Government. The Punishment will be severe / harsh which can be to the extent of rusticating from the Institution and / or removed from the Hostel without any notice by forfeiting all kinds of refundable deposits.
The B M S Educational Trust Hostel has constituted an Anti-ragging committee, comprising of dedicated cadre of wardens headed by the secretary. It shall monitor the anti-ragging activities in the hostels, consider the recommendations of the anti-ragging squad and take appropriate decisions, including spelling out suitable punishments to those found guilty. It shall also monitor and oversee the performance of the anti-ragging squad in prevention of ragging in the hostels.
Other measures for prevention of ragging:-
1. The wardens will pay regular visits, periodic meetings/counseling and orientations for students (for freshers separately as well as jointly with the seniors).
2. The professional counselors will be called for psychological counseling during the first three months of the new academic year.
3. The security personnel posted in the hostels especially at vulnerable places and will be under the direct control of the wardens and assessed by them. If necessary intense policing shall be escorted to at such points at odd hours during early months of academic sessions.
4. Anonymous random surveys will be conducted by the wardens or design its own methodologies of conducting such surveys.
5. Freshers welcome parties will be organized in the hostels by senior students and the hostel management together soon after the admissions, preferably with in first two weeks of the beginning of the academic session, thus helping them to shed their inferiority complex, if any, remove their inhibitions.
6. A student seeking admissions to the hostels will have to submit an affidavit during the time of allotment of their room that he/she is also aware of the law in this regard and agrees to abide by the punishment meted out if he/she is found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging as in ANNEXURE-II of the application.
7. The parents shall also have to submit an affidavit during the allotment of the room that their son/daughter/ward will not indulge in any act of ragging, if they found guilty of any aspects of ragging, they may be punished as per the AICTE/UGC/VTU/ Supreme Court regulations as in ANNEXURE-III of the application.
Action to be taken against students indulging and abetting ragging:-
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offense as established by the anti-ragging committee of the hostels, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Hostel level shall be any one of or combinations of the following:
1. First the matter will be brought to the notice of the secretary of the hostels by the wardens (anti-ragging committee).
2. Then the matter shall be informed to the parents/guardian immediately by the wardens and shall ask them to come to the hostels within 48 hours.
3. The matter shall also be informed to the Principal, concerned HOD’s and their Proctor.
4. The matter shall also be informed to the placement officer debarring from appearing in any tests/examination or withdrawing from any placement opportunities.
5. Till the parents/guardian arrival, he/she will be suspended from the mess and will be provided separate accommodation with minimum facilities.
6. The anti-ragging committee of the hostels may recommend for further punishments as follows:
- Suspension from the mess.
- Expulsion from hostels (forfeiting any kind of refunds or deposits).
- Recommend to the college cancellation of admission, suspending from attending classes.
- Withholding/Withdrawing scholarships/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national, International meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Rusticating from the institution for a period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters. Fine ranging from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.50,000/-.
For Further details, refer the Information brochure with Rules and Regulation of the Hostel.