|Department:||INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING|
|Date of Joining the Institution:||15.10.1996|
|UG_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||BE [CSE]/FC|
|PG_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||ME [CSE]/FCD|
|PhD_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||Awarded in Sept 2010|
|Field PhD Guide:||Networks & Communications, Cloud Computing, Algorithms|
|University PhD Guide:||VTU, CMJ|
|PhDs Projects Guided:||Guiding 5 PhD candidates|
|Projects at Masters level Guiding / Guided:||16|
|Interaction with Professional Institutions:||Delivered guest lectures at many Institutions|
- Programme Outcomes Assessment by Direct Method, IEEE Conference on MOOCs Innovation and Technology in Education, Dec 2014. Citations-7
- Importance of Internship in Technical Education, WASET, International Journal of Educational and Pedagogical Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1 Jan 2015.
- Academia-Industry Collaboration to Improve the Quality of Teaching-Learning Process, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, pp. 266-269, Special Issue, Jan. 2015
- Trusted Execution Environment - To Harden Every Day Android Applications on Intel Architecture, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, May 2015.
- Advanced Correlation Engine for Fault Identification and Analysis in network, Int. Journal of Computer Technology & Applications, Vol 6, Issue 3, pp 422-425, June 2015.
- An Alternative approach for avoiding Traffic Jam, Int. Journal of Computer Technology & Applications, Vol 6, Issue 3, pp 426-430, June 2015.
- RFID Based Object and Location Identification Tool, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Vol 5, Issue 6, pp 473-476, June 2015.
- Dynamic Network Configuration and Virtual Management Protocol for Open Switch in Cloud Environment, IEEE International on Advance Computing Conference, June 2015.
- Optimized Service Level Agreement Based Workload Balancing Strategy for Cloud Environment, IEEE International on Advance Computing Conference, June 2015. Citations-4.
- A Genetic Algorithm Based Feature Selection Technique for Classification of Multiple-Subject fMRI Data, IEEE International on Advance Computing Conference, June 2015. Citation-2.
- A study of Software Defined Networking with Open Flow, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 122, No.5, July 2015
- Priority Based Optimal Resource Reservation Mechanism in Constrained networks for IOT Applications, IEEE International conference on wireless Communications, signal process and networking, March 2016.
- Effect of Route Reflection on IBGP Convergence and an approach to reduce convergence time, International Journal of scientific research and management, Vol. 4, Issue 8, Pages 4530-4535, May 2016.
- Energy efficient Resource Reservation Mechanisms for Constrained Network, IEEE Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology, 21-23 July 2016.
- An effective cloud-big data analytics integrated structure for Smart agriculture, Karnataka State Agricultural Engineers International Conference, July 2016.
- Effect of Route Reflection on IBGP Convergence and an approach to reduce convergence time, International Journal of scientific research and management, Aug 2016.
- Optimal Resource Reservation Strategy for Constrained Networks using SDN approach for IOT Applications, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 9, Issue 22. Scopus Indexed, Oct. 2016.
- A QoS based Analysis on Wi-Fi Network, International Conference on Development of Smart Cities, Sept. 2016.
- A Novel Approach for Monitoring Resources in Virtual Environment, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, October 2016.
- A Novel Cloud based Data Analytics Framework for effective Crop Management, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, October 2016.
- SDN based Energy efficient mechanism for constrained networks, International Conference on Research Topics in Power, Nuclear and Energy, Nov. 2016.
- Alternate Route caching policy for Named networks, 6th IEEE International Conference on Communications and Signal Processing, April 2017
- SADM for Efficient Customer Management, Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, May 2017.
- Software and Hardware Enhancement to support IPv6, International Journal of Advanced Research Computer Science and Software Engineering, May 2017.
- Empirical Results of GPGPU Acceleration Using Addition as Computation Workload on AMD Llano APU Based With Integrated GPU Platform, International Journal of Engineering Research, 2017.
- A Genetic Algorithm based approach for Task allocation in Cloud Computing environment, HCIS Springer, Under review.
- Load balancing and Network virtualization, HCIS Springer, Under review.
- Hybrid Two Stage Power Optimization Technique with Quality Improvement in Cloud Environment, International Journal of Engineering Research, Under Review.
- Forecasted demand based effective forming model using data analytics, Journal of Big data, Under review.
Google Scholar Citations: 100
Participation in Workshops/Training Programs
- Implementation Issue of IPV4 & IPV6, BMSCE, Bangalore, 23-29 Sept 2013
- Network Simulation Tools, RVCE, Bangalore, 27-31 Jan 2014.
- MOOC on MOOC, IIT Kanpur, 5 Sept - 12 Oct 2014.
- Inpods, ICTIEE 2015, BMSCE, 5 Jan 2015.
- Problem Based Learning, ICTIEE-2015, BMSCE, 6 Jan 2015.
- Techvista, Microsoft Research India, 23 Jan 2015.
- Item Bank Preparation for Online Assessment and Evaluation System (OAES) for National Level Certification Examination, IISCE, 9 Sept 2014, 2 Jan 2015 & 9 Jan 2015.
- A Cloud Simulator- Cloud Analyst, 6 Feb 2015.
- Designing a Cloud application on Google Cloud Platform, 28 Feb 2015.
- IAAS in Cloud Computing using Xen Hypervisor, 7 March 2015.
- IUCEE workshop on Integrating Projects and Design into Core Engg. courses: Enhancing learning and preparing professionals, 20 July 2015, BMSCE.
- IUCEE-EPICS course on Project based learning, Sep. 2015 – Jan 2016.
- IEEE workshop on Medical IOT, 15-17 Oct 2015, Cristu Jayanti College, Bangalore.
- Network Simulator - Qualnet: Exata, by Nihon communications, 9 Nov 2015.
- One day workshop on M-Health: Making Healthcare available, accessible and affordable, 11 Dec 2015, IISc Bangalore.
- One day workshop on Networking Tech. 25 April 2016, SJCIT.
- Client Server programming- Designing scalable servers, by Aryeka Networks, 5 and 9 Nov 2016.
- 3 days hands-on workshop on Python for Network Programming, Akamai, 3 and 10 Dec 2016, 19 Jan 2017.
- 2 days hands-on workshop on IoT and Beacon Technology, Ellipsonic Pvt. Ltd., 16-17 Feb 2017.
Name of the
|1||Shubha Rao V||1BM11PEM02||Internet of Things||VTU||2011||Completed comprehensive viva|
|2||Akkamma||1BM11PEN03||Image Processing||VTU||2012||Thesis submission|
|3||Rekha P M||1BM11PEN09||Cloud Computing||VTU||2012||Completed comprehensive viva|
|4||Rajeshwari B S||1BM12PEN03||Cloud Computing||VTU||2012||Completed comprehensive viva|
|5||Balaji Prabhu B V||1BM15PEJ18||Cloud based data analysis||VTU||2015||Completed Comprehensive viva|