DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS Brochure
The Department of Computer Applications was established in 1984, initially with an intake of 30 students and the department admits 60 students every year at present. From the academic year 1998-99 the college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya technological University, Belagavi. The Department has blend of well-qualified and dedicated faculty members to its credit.
The department has an advanced computer lab equipped with networked high-end ACER (58) and HP (31) machines, to provide state-of-the-art computing facilities to the students and staff. In addition to the main library of the college, the department had full-fledged library with 16,000 books and reference materials.
The department has pioneered in building a strong relation with the industry that has helped the department in conducting various seminars on latest technologies, industrial visits and Entrepreneurship Development Workshops for the benefit of students and staff.
The department also provides live projects and guidance to the students through ICL (Innovative Cluster Lab) which is a part of MOU between BMSCE and Altimetrik, thus helping the students in their campus recruitment. The Data Analytics Research Lab of the department provides an opportunity to derive hidden knowledge from large volume of data sets. The Students of the department, over the years, have been adsorbed by esteemed companies and are considered assets in the industries.
To emerge as a premier knowledge center for imparting computing education inculcating human values to solve global challenges.
- To empower students with knowledge, skills and attitude to develop comprehensive computing solutions that addresses the needs of academia, industry and society
- To excel in education, research, consultancy and Industry collaboration
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs)
Post Graduates of this programme will
- Demonstrate professional excellence in industry, public service or academia with strong skills in problem analysis, solution design and application development with a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Practice their profession with high standards of ethics.
- Be committed to work in teams with different cultures and disciplines and evolve as leaders in their roles
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
- Apply computing knowledge, mathematical knowledge and domain knowledge to identify and capture requirements of specific problems. (Addressing GA 1)
- Analyze and develop models for specific problems using principles of mathematics, computing sciences and relevant domains. (Addressing GA 2)
- Design, implement, test and maintain solutions for systems, components or processes that meet specific needs with consideration for safety, societal and environmental issues. (Addressing GA 3)
- Conduct required experiments, generate, analyze and interpret the data to draw valid conclusions. (Addressing GA 4)
- Adapt the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for solving complex computing problems with an understanding of their limitations. (Addressing GA 5)
- Adhere to cyber regulations and ethics in professional practice. (Addressing GA 6)
- Engage in lifelong learning to keep abreast of latest trends and emerging technologies. (Addressing GA 7)
- Apply the principles of project management and finance to one’s professional work. (Addressing GA 8)
- Communicate effectively (oral / written) with professionals and general public. (Addressing GA 9)
- Understand legal, ethical, societal, environmental, health issues within local and global contexts (Addressing GA 10)
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in diverse and multidisciplinary teams. (Addressing GA 11)
- Understand the principles of entrepreneurship. (Addressing GA12)